Footy Fever 28th September 2012
It’s that time of year when football codes are gearing up for the grand final. Whether you’re on field or off, you can keep kicking goals well in to next season.
It may be tempting to kick back as the off season looms or get slack with your training and eating habits...but luckily by thinking like a swapper, you can still keep your health and wellbeing goals on track during the off season.
Try these swap it tips:
• If you’re watching from the sidelines, swap sitting back after the final siren for a family kick of the ball.
• Swap sitting on the fold-out chair for standing and cheering.
• Take a healthy snack to the game instead of buying pies and chips – it’s a bonus budget saver swap.
• Incorporate swapping into your end of season celebrations; instead of a sit down meal swap a healthy, active picnic in the park.
• Swap sleeping-in for keeping the regular training sessions going.
• Why wait until next season? Swap to a summertime sport to keep the team spirit and activity levels lifted.