Heading outdoors in the warmer weather 6th December 2011
Now the longer, lighter days are here, there are really no more excuses to prevent you from dusting off the sneakers and heading out into the sunshine.
It’s time to make the most of the great outdoors and up the activity levels. Get family and friends on board by making sure each social occasion has an activity element, it could be as easy as a game of frisbee while having a picnic in the park or a round of cricket at the beach or family barbie.
• Swap playing the computer or flicking TV channels for helping in the garden.
• Swap the car park closest to the entrance for one further away.
• When on the phone, swap sitting down for walking and talking.
• Swap paying someone to walk your dog for doing it yourself.
• Swap watching the kids play for playing with the kids.
Always remember to be SunSmart in the warmer months, check the UV levels before heading out and protect yourself in five ways - Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide.
Image by nuchylee - freedigitalphotos.net